The following is a description of our programs. Occasionally event dates are rescheduled. Please visit our calendar for current dates and times:
- Services of Peace and Comfort For those who are searching for more meaning and fulfillment in their lives during times of transition and growth. These are held throughout the year, usually coinciding with the Jewish holidays to embrace our blessings and deepen our connection to our community.
- Elisa Lanes Caring Community Providing a network of committed volunteers to perform the mitzvah of visiting and comforting the sick, bereaved, or lonely. Learn more about the Caring Community.
- Educational Programs, Lectures, and Conferences Bringing learned individuals to teach and guide participants using traditional and contemporary Jewish approaches to healing and growth. Topics in the past have included caring for our aging loved ones, mental health in the Jewish community, a Jewish response to substance abuse, and finding the sacred in the journey of dementia.
- Shacharit Meditation Services These services are held on the third Saturday of each month in the House from 11:15 am to 12:30 pm. Participants come together to connect with the depths of the Shacharit prayers to bring equanimity, harmony, and shalom into their lives through meditation, chanting, and Torah study.
- Resource Library on Jewish Healing Providing multi-media resources to enhance Jewish learning and growth. The Shalom Center also provides lists of community resources.
- Life Transition Support Groups Offering emotional and spiritual guidance, education, and solace through times of growth and change. Learn more about our support groups.
- JACS (Support Group Meeting for Jewish Alcoholics, Addicts and their Family and Friends) The group offers hope, strength, and support. Inquiries and meetings are anonymous. Learn more about JACS.
- Healing Handiwork Sponsoring gatherings and projects to create Jewish handicrafts, healthy meals, and items of comfort for congregants. Learn more about Healing Handiwork.